We are a small enthusiastic team building beauty, ecology and profitability, one farm at a time.
We have developed two apps that empower independent farmers to monitor their soil health and manage their fruit farms/vineyards. Our tech was developed on two of the co-founder’s farm in Chile and we now work with independent farmers in the UK, US, Portugal, Peru and Chile.
Both apps have an online platform as well as a corresponding phone app. We have ongoing UX/UI needs as we develop both apps, both the mobile and web apps. You can find details of the apps and what we do here: https://tech.vidacycle.com/
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for a UX/UI freelancer on an ongoing project-by-project basis.
We are always updating our apps, adding new functionality making sure they support ecological and profitable farming methods. For new functionality we need you to create wireframes and basic prototypes (you do not need to write code). We also have some deeper UX investigations requiring you to suggest new functionality and direction.
We are a small team and our customer base is growing, so we need UX support on average 2 weeks/month (this gives us time to implement and support updates). We can be flexible on how we split that time to work around any other projects you may have.
We would ask you work from the office in Shoreditch High St/Liverpool St (London) where possible.
We hope this will be the beginning of a longer-term working relationship as we continually develop new features.
- Potential to be a long-term freelance relationship
- Learn all about the world of food, wine and farming
- Support smaller scale sustainable farmers, visit vineyards and farmers.
- Opportunity to lead the development of new features and improvements
- Build new work for your portfolio
- We are an exciting purpose-driven business growing our customer-base
- Work in a great co-working space in shoreditch with a good community atmosphere
- We have strong connections in the tech for good sector in London
- Someone who demonstrates great empathy and understanding of real users, the people
- We have both UX and UI requirements so want someone with a design background
- Good understanding of digital interactions
- Happy to work in a very small team and independent worker
- The farming/vineyard community have very specific needs and requirements, so it’s important you are excited about working with them and learning from them
- Someone who is self-motivated to do a great job
- We’d love it if you are interested in food, farming and environment.
How to apply
Please email your CV (or LinkedIn) and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org, please include a few words about why this role interests you and links to any personal blogs etc. Please use the subject: UX DESIGNER. We will review proposals right away.
Any questions or thoughts please contact Abby on above email – Thank you!