We are a small farming app startup committed to building ecology, profitability and beauty on farms around the world.
It all started on our farm in Chile. Now our apps are used by fellow farmers in the UK, USA, Chile, New Zealand and beyond.
Our small team are making apps that help smaller scale farmers record observations in the field. We have two apps, Sectormentor which is used to record info about vineyards and trees and Workmentor which is used to record info about the worker team on small farms. These apps have native iOS and Android versions, work offline and sync with an online platform where the data can be viewed and analysed.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for a developer to be part of the team: helping us to implement a soil quality and biodiversity dashboard with a group of the worlds leading soils advisors and farmers; building reporting tools to enable pioneering ecological viticulture; and ensuring our apps make collecting information in the field as seamless as possible. We work very closely with key stakeholders, always ensuring that what we are building is immediately useful to farmers themselves!
We are looking for a developer who is pragmatic while always aiming for clean, readable and simple code. It’s important you are reliable and organised but also enjoy having fun – we believe it’s important to enjoy working together as a team!
- Opportunity to lead the development of new features and improvements ✨
- Supporting farmers build their soil health 🌱
- Work directly with an experienced senior developer in a small team who really care about quality (both from a technical and usability perspective) 👨🏽💻
- Flexible working – the beauty of a small team is that it is easy to be flexible and adaptable. This could be a full time role, or 3-4 days a week
This role is mostly backend work in a Python/Django stack, a bit of frontend work and ideally some Android or iOS development.
- 2+ years in the working world, not necessarily development experience! (We love career-changers with experience in the workplace)
- Serious Python fu
- Unit & integration testing. This is really important to us as we believe testing is the key to having a stable and (mostly) bug free product! 🐛
- Code reviews ✅✅
- Databases (we use PostgreSQL)
- Self driven and excited to own part of the products from a development perspective
- An interest in user experience
Extras / nice to haves
- Experience with Django
- REST APIs
- Interest in data science and data visualisation 📊
- An interest in farming 🌾
- Experience in iOS or Android development in Swift or Kotlin & Java 📱
How to apply
Please send your CV or LinkedIn and an intro email to email@example.com with the subject “Vidacycle dev application”. Include links to code you have online and anything else of interest such as your github, personal blog, stackoverflow profile, etc.
We will review applications on an ongoing basis.
Pay negotiable, bearing in mind that we’re a small bootstrapped startup.