We are a small farming startup committed to building ecology, profitability and beauty on farms around the world.
It all started on our farm in Chile. Now our apps are used by fellow farmers in the UK, USA, Chile and beyond.
Our small team are making apps that help smaller scale farmers record observations in the field. We have two apps, Sectormentor which is used to record info about plants and Workmentor which is used to record info about pickers during harvest. These apps have native iOS and Android versions, work offline and sync with an online platform where the data can be viewed and analysed.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for a Python developer to work with us to develop a soil quality dashboard with various soil health metrics in partnership with a UK agricultural institution. This will initially take the form of a 6 month project working closely with farmers and other key stakeholders, always ensuring that what we are building is immediately useful to farmers themselves!
We’re very exited for the soil quality dashboard as it is a great extension to our existing soils product: Sectormentor for Soils!
We are looking for a developer who is pragmatic while always aiming for clean, readable and simple code. It’s important you are reliable and organised but also enjoy having fun – we believe it’s important to enjoy working together as a team!
- Opportunity to lead the development of new features and improvements ✨
- Supporting farmers build their soil health 🌱
- Work directly with an experienced senior developer in a small team who really care about quality (both from a technical and usability perspective) 👨🏽💻
- Flexible working – the beauty of a small team is that it is easy to be flexible and adaptable
This project will largely involve backend work in a Python/Django stack but could also involve a bit of frontend work.
- 2+ years in the working world, not necessarily development experience! (We love career-changers with experience in the workplace)
- Serious Python fu
- Unit & integration testing. This is really important to us as we believe testing is the key to having a stable and (mostly) bug free product! 🐛
- Code reviews ✅✅
- Databases (we use PostgreSQL)
- Self driven and excited to own part of the products from a development perspective
- An interest in user experience
Extras / nice to haves
- Experience with Django
- REST APIs
- Interest in data science and data visualisation 📊
- An interest in farming 🌾
- Experience in iOS or Android development in Swift or Kotlin & Java 📱
How to apply
Please send your CV or LinkedIn and an intro email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Python dev application”. Include links to code you have online and anything else of interest such as your github, personal blog, stackoverflow profile, etc.
We will review applications on an ongoing basis.
Pay negotiable, bearing in mind that we’re a small bootstrapped startup.