Who we’re looking for
We’re after a junior developer to focus on improving our Android apps. We have a pipeline of changes & improvements lined up over the next 3 months. As we are continuing to build out the product there are always new things to do so we hope this will be the beginning of a longer-term working relationship.
We love working with people who are reliable and organised while also having fun – we believe it’s important to enjoy working together as a team! We’re flexible and would be happy to work with an intern, freelancer or on a fixed contract of 3 to 6 months.
Who we are
We’re a (very) small team making apps to help smaller scale farmers record data about plants and workers out in the field. We have two apps, Sectormentor which is used to record info about plants and Workmentor which is used to record info about pickers. Both of these apps, which work offline, have native iOS and Android versions and sync with an online platform where the data can be viewed and analysed.
- Working with a small team who really care about the quality of our offerings (both from technical and usability perspectives)
- Opportunity to lead the development of new features and improvements
- Supporting smaller scale sustainable farmers
- Work directly with an experienced senior developer
- Working in a great co-working space in shoreditch with a good community atmosphere
- Potential to help out with the development of our web platform if that’s of interest
- Java / Android (goes without saying really!)
- Unit & integration testing. This is really important to us as we believe testing is the key to having a stable and (mostly) bug free product!
- REST API’s
- Code reviews
- Pragmatic while always aiming for clean, readable and simple code…
- An interest in user experience
Extras / nice to haves
- Python (our web stack is in python)
- Swift & Objective C (for the iOS apps)
- An interest in farming & winemaking (many of our customers are vineyards!)
How to apply
Please send your CV or LinkedIn and an intro email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Android dev application”. Include links to code you might have online and anything else of interest such as your github, personal blog, stackoverflow profile, etc.
We will review applications on an ongoing basis.
Pay negotiable, ultimately we’re a small bootstrapped startup.